The Senior .NET Software Engineer is a part of the development and deployment team. Starting as a full time contract position with the option to be hired full time. Responsible for advancing the market leading set of applications in the Open Innovation enterprise software space. Utilize your knowledge and expertise in development tools and methodologies in the Microsoft development space to create and support high quality software that is recognized as remarkable in the market place. Java experience is a plus as our client plans to migrate their .NET solution and consolidate with existing Java solution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understand the programming languages, software development frameworks and IDE’s and demonstrate proficiency in their proper and effective use to create and support high quality industry leading software.
- Demonstrate ability to design, develop and support OO software features, desktop applications, and web based SaaS applications and full installation package including technical documentation and associated unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to understand a business problem and conduct research to find an optimum and affordable solution, design and implement the solution or algorithm (using a Recursive, Logical, Serial, Parallel, Distributed or a Deterministic method among others) and accompanying unit tests.
- Demonstrate ability to develop software applications that are scalable and designed to be deployed as a web based multi-tenant or single-tenant software service.
- Demonstrate understanding and show proficiency in measuring product performance, operational metrics and formulating improvements (document them in the requirements repository) and communicating findings in a concise manner.
- Understand and demonstrate ability to analyze and design a complete application using a modeling descriptive tool such as UML including the proper use of design patterns.
- Understand the correct use of Relational Databases, API’s, SDK’s, Source Code and Version Control and Software Deployment Methods. Demonstrate proficiency in interfacing and use of these systems to create and support high quality industry leading software.
- Demonstrate ability to develop interfaces with API’s or SDK’s using a functional specification.
- Demonstrate ability to develop functional specifications associated with an interface to an API or SDK.
- Demonstrate ability to interface to a relational database application along with unit tests and documentation using a functional specification that includes a normalized design of the tables.
- Support software deployments in production and stage environments.
- Providing third level product support (including second level and first level as needed for the issue) for partner software-product-issues.
- Understand the context of product issues in the field to determine and implement appropriate resolution.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all correspondence from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all communications address understanding of the issue; what the resolution is; how the decision will or will not impact the product; and any applicable time frame
- Bachelor’s Degree. An advanced degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Software development practices, processes and methodologies
- Web based applications and SaaS deployment models
- ASP.NET with MVC and framework stack
- Programming in C#, Web Services, MS SQL, .NET 3.0 and above
- JAVA and MYSQL experience is a plus
- User experience based design
- Expert knowledge and experience in OO analysis and design and design patterns
- MS Visual Studio – setup, compiles and builds scripts.
- SVN – check in / check out, create new branches, update across branches.
- MS SQL Server 2012 – update schema structure, MS SQL development, store procedure updates.
- Kendo ASP.NET toolkit – integrate new chart and graphs, maintain and make updates.
- Batch service – maintenance.
- Deploy to AWS – deploy applications and services, setup new DB’s and updates to DB’s, IIS web server updates, SQL on staging and production DB’s.
- Browsers – maintenance and support on IE, Chrome, Foxfire, and Safari.
- Google charts – maintenance.
- Soft skills – comfortable being the lone .NET developer working with a team, delivering on tight deadlines, working on multiple projects, self-motivated, continuous learner, strong collaboration and communication.
- Sharepoint, java, performance and memory profiling, database optimization, multitenancy, XMLSchema, automated test scripts.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in software development
- This position may require 10-15% of travel time to customer and non-customer sites in North America
- Demonstrable software engineering and product development skills in a start-up or small company
- Must be a self-starter
- Proficient in the Agile development methodologies
- Understand and continually develop expertise in technology trends and how they might influence product direction
- Develop long term close working relationships based on trust and mutual respect
Please contact Lee Shipman (Providence Technology Solutions) at (904) 512-6448 or email email@example.com for more information.