Providence Technology Solutions has an immediate need for a Business Analyst w/ insurance claims experience for a full time role in Houston, TX. We are looking for someone that has experience implementing claims systems with multiple clients in multiple lines of business. Someone that has traveled around for a technology vendor doing claims software implementations and is looking to settler down at one place with minimal travel is ideal. This positions offers a competitive salary and benefits.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Works directly with business units to understand project concept, objectives and approach.
- Takes assigned project from requirement gathering through final implementation.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Creates and maintains projects schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, establishing deadlines, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of project product/service life cycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions, and resolving conflicts. This includes documenting, prioritizing and tracking requests (changes, enhancements, etc.).
- Conduct project meetings. Meet with business units and their teams regularly to review deadlines and deliveries and for periodic reviews of prototype and final product.
- Provide single point of contact for assignment with business units.
- Assists Business units in developing tactical and strategic product, services and or program to support the goals.
- Reviews, analyzes, and creates detailed documentation of business systems and user needs, including workflow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Develops effective reporting tools for the business unit.
- Defines, develops and implements quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other QA assessments.
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University preferred; and/or minimum 5 year’s work experience in related field required, including underwriting.
- Knowledge of Property and Casualty industry and insurance and underwriting rules and decision tree logic preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with underwriting software applications and web-based underwriting systems.
- Strong Mathematical aptitude.
Please call Lee Shipman, Providence Technology Solutions, at (904) 512-6448 for more details.