- Support hardware, network and applications in the Retail environment.
- Deploy software upgrades, patches to related servers, applications and point of sale equipment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues related to system applications, hardware and peripherals (printers, modems, firewalls, scanners, keyboards).
- Track, monitor and solve technical, application or informational questions/issues in a timely, professional and accurate manner.
- Analyze tickets/calls to find root cause, then follow through to full resolution
- Ensure consistent and standardized Server / POS images are maintained and deployed.
- Create and/or maintain clear documentation regarding all components of system, problems, changes and corrections according to Operational procedures.
- Perform PCI security review and remediation.
- Execute, maintain and create testing scripts.
- Participate in assigned projects in support of technology and enhancements.
- Identify inadequacies, inefficiencies and recommend solution.
- Promote effective use of technology.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT related experience in a retail/hospitality environment. (Retalix POS preferred)
- Possess strong customer service skills, including the ability to handle challenging issues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting network environments including Windows, TCP/IP, routers, switches, and connectivity.
- Experience troubleshooting VPN and wireless issues.
- Can work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Knowledge of commonly-used Tech Support concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with IT ticket tracking systems
- The candidate should also be familiar with automation using scripting or programming languages and able to leverage SQL when necessary.
- Must have expertise in the following areas: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, IIS, Active Directory
- Must have expertise administering an Active Directory forest containing multiple domains
- Must have expertise creating and managing Group Policy in a Microsoft Windows 20XX domain
- Creation and deployment of standardized system images
- Experience supporting common Windows applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office
- Experience working with hardware and software vendors.
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting OPOS applications
- Experience with management of enterprise level virtualization technologies (VMware)
Please call Lee Shipman at Providence Technology Solutions (904) 512-6448. Email Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org