This position is responsible for assisting in the implementation, maintenance and customization of all approved mid-range software.
- Analyzes tasks assigned by Applications Manager to determine requirements.
- Provide accurate time estimates relating to project development and the preparation of specifications, user test plans and system/user documentation.
- Must be able to establish and maintain personal rapport with business users in a position to understand the business service requirements.
- Designs and codes custom programs and/or modifications, as required, to satisfy the requirements of approved, assigned tasks.
- Designs and codes custom modifications and/or procedures, to purchased software, as directed, to satisfy the requirements of approved, assigned tasks.
- Assists in the implementation of in-house, custom software and enhancements to purchased software.
- Assists in the implementation of vendor provided, software releases for existing software, as directed.
- Adheres to documented and orally given department standards when designing and coding programs and/or procedures.
- Becomes knowledgeable in all approved program development tools to expedite the development process.
- Expands technical skills to reflect the corporate technology direction.
- Assists in developing standards for cross platform data communication, database translation and data manipulation to be used by the application development area.
- Assists with user training, support and problem solving, as required.
- Creates and maintains project and process documentation.
- Performs additional duties that may be required by supervisor.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Proficiency in the following is required: AS/400, RPG, RPG ILE, SQL, CL. Infinium and/or JDEdwards experience is a plus..
- High school diploma or GED.
- Eight years of IBM midrange programmer/analyst experience.
- Outstanding knowledge of midrange computer languages and software design.
- Must be very well organized and able to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please contact Lee Shipman at Providence Technology Solutions. Lee can be reached at (904) 512-6448 or email@example.com.
Leave a Reply