Providence Technology Solutions is looking for an IT Support Representative for one of our clients in Jacksonville, FL. This candidate will be hired permanently or in a contract-to-hire capacity.
Position Objective: Maintain and Monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation and end-user support tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN).
- Investigates user problems and identifies their source; determines possible solutions; tests and implements solutions
- Installs, configures and maintains personal computers, Windows networks, file servers network cabling, and other related equipment, devices and systems; adds, upgrades and configures disk drives, printers and related equipment
- Performs software and application installation and upgrades
- Plans and implements network security, including maintaining firewalls, configuring VPN, managing host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots networks, systems and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
- Assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
- Assists personnel of other departments as a computer resource
- Provides computer orientation to new and existing staff members
- 1-5 years of networking experience or equivalent applicable work experience
- 1-2 years help desk experience
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Knowledge of computer and network security systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
Education and Experience:
- High school Graduate
- College degree in related field is a plus, but not required
Please forward resumes to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com or call Lee Shipman @ (904) 512-6448.
Leave a Reply