Contract will last through 2015 with possibility for extension.
The Unix Systems Engineer will perform architecture, implementation, administration, configuration, monitoring, updating and documentation of assigned enterprise servers. The Unix Systems Engineer’s responsibilities also entail application/OS upgrades, performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, disaster recovery, backup planning and systems analysis. The Unix Systems Engineer should demonstrate the ability to assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the company’s server operation and make recommendations for implementation. The Unix Systems Engineer will demonstrate expertise in front and back-end system technologies in enterprise environments and display common knowledge of best-practices in many different server technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 7-10 years of experience working with linux and server technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in work experience
- Expert knowledge of Atlassian Suite including: Jira, Confluence, Crucible, Clover, Crowd
- Experience with Tidal and other scheduling software
- Experience with monitoring and alerting products like Solarwinds, Big Brother, NewRelic, Pingdom
- Server Software/OS build and patch maintenance
- Experienced in installing OS, managing domain user accounts and managing server farms totaling 40+ servers.
- Experienced in troubleshooting various systems to included Linux Server, Messaging and Database technologies and desktop technologies.
- Experience with Dell and Cisco (UCS) server hardware and management tools.
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Unix operating system including RedHat 6 and newer
- RedHat Certification
- Storage background in SAN Storage solutions
- Experience in technical project management relating to the implementation of enterprise applications a plus.
- Experienced in VMware virtual hosting solutions to include vCenter Server 5+, vSphere 5+
- Experienced with backup technologies such as Veeam, BackupExec and NetBackup.
- Familiarity in Enterprise Automation: Cfengine
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere 5, vCenter, and related hypervisor technologies