We are seeking a Release Engineer / Developer to join our client’s development team. As part of this team, you’ll help create tools and utilities which empower our development teams to be as creative as possible in building out our product suites.
You will have the opportunity to contribute and participate in the following capacities:
- Work with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
- Design and implement build and release management processes for all our development environments
- Collaborate with Architects, Systems and Network Engineers, Software Developers and QA to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development including production releases.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of the structure and interdependencies of systems and leverage this knowledge to improve how our build and release processes allow us to rapidly evolve our product offerings and achieve business goals.
- Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitor builds, maintain configuration, and develop automation.
- Conducts application development to meet the needs of the business. Analyzes user requirements and functional specifications as provided by the project team, and translate them into technical specifications and functional systems.
- Conducts walkthroughs of applications to ensure compliance with design specifications and standards
- Creates and maintains design and technical documentation for development and enhancement projects.
- Develops new systems from functional specifications prepared by others, creates system documentation and participates in testing and deployment.
- Provides input in the preparation of test data, completes unit testing and participates in integration testing. Provides peer code review of other developers work.
Responds to complex requests, problems and questions. Resolves time sensitive problems that affect legislative agencies and system users in a timely manner in an effort to limit the impact to the legislative business. Monitors applications and works with other IS team members to optimize systems to minimize failures and downtime. Displays strong customer service and communication skills and ensures all parties impacted are continually apprised of the progress on problem resolution. Diagnoses problems, corrects and/or works with other IS staff to implement and coordinate solutions. Tracks and reports problems and changes and prepares technical documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:
- Four (4) years of current experience as a Programmer with in-depth problem solving, troubleshooting, estimating, research and programming experience; AND
- Three (3) years of build or deployment engineering experience: AND
- BA degree in Computer Science or related field; OR
- Combination of experience and education that demonstrates the ability to perform the job.
- Consultant needs to be 50% C# .NET Developer and 50% Build Release.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience with management & maintenance or deployment processes, build process and source code repositories.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience developing applications, working with databases and SOAP/REST web service APIs
- Understanding of relevant software development tools including version control, build processes, debuggers, and test frameworks
- Strong programming and analytical skills.
- Familiarity and experience in C# with Microsoft .Net programming technologies on Windows-based platforms (IIS, Microsoft SQL Server etc.)
- Ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills.
- Effective communication skill and experience in oral and written communication.
- Ability to create and implement effective partnerships.
- Ability to work and serve effectively with management groups, staff members, and vendors.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated skill in the analysis of complex written materials.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Send resumes to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com.