Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all environmental, health, safety& training policies, procedures and requirements.
- Assists in applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Process F/A activity, A/P vendor maintenance, process A/P check runs, review vendor statements, complete various tax returns, prepare G/L account reconciliations.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Assist Accountants in closings at month end and fiscal year.
- Assist the business unit and field offices in answering questions associated with the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Research accounting and various taxing jurisdictions issues.
- May assist in establishing, modifying, documenting, and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- May assist in the redesign or design reports to provide management with necessary information to analyze operations.
- May occasionally assist in operational field audits at terminals
Knowledge and Skills:
- Requires strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate both in written and verbal form.
- Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrated ability to apply logical or scientific thought to collect data or understand technical instructions.
- Requires above average numerical and administrative skills.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- Minimum 2 years previous accounting experience.
Resumes can be forwarded to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com.