Lee Shipman and Providence Technology Solutions are hiring a SQL Server Developer / ETL Developer for a contract opportunity in Jacksonville, FL.
The database developer will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing database systems, tools, and applications. This person will work alongside the technology team to support the existing code and databases and develop new system. This will include writing queries and stored procedures, using data modeling tools, designing and optimizing databases. This position requires a thorough understanding of relational databases and excellent communication skills.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for development of stored procedures, triggers and ETL scripts
• Writes data conversion code for several projects in a monthly release cycle
• Perform database code reviews during key points of the SDLC and enforce compliance with coding standards
• Maintains the database tools/systems through best practices
• Create highly scalable transactional database schemas utilizing data modeling discipline with an understanding of normalization, de-normalization, and the difference between the two.
• Evaluates, designs, codes, implements, optimizes, and modifies databases and database applications with respect to, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
• May build windows, screens and reports and assist in the design of user interface and business application prototypes.
• Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code in client server environment
• Provides expertise in devising, negotiating and defending the tables and fields provided in the database.
• Adapts business requirements, developed by business systems analysts/modeling/development staff, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
• Models databases and develops tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects.
• Maintains database dictionaries, monitors overall database standards and procedures, and integrates systems through database design.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of database utilities on multiple hardware/software platforms using multiple database engines
• Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency to create and support database technical environments
• Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
• Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
• Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
Resumes can be forwarded to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com