Lee Shipman and Providence Technology Solutions are currently recruiting a VP of Software Development for a software company in Austin, TX. This is a full-time position with our client.
To be a strategic and tactical advisor responsible for the organization’s development and innovation efforts for multi-faceted, complex business model; while building an organization capable of achieving $150M+ in revenue, supporting consistent double-digit top-line growth of +10%.
In this role, you will be leading a team in a fast-paced environment that uses Agile development methodologies to successfully deliver software products that are typically deemed to be mission critical by our customers. Hence you must be robust, highly available, and prepared to scale to meet their ever-increasing business needs.
This role will based Austin, TX and is an ideal position for someone who likes a strong technical leadership role and wants to be part of a rapidly growing technology company.
- Strategist – track record of setting the future direction of the company in order to enhance business performance and shareholder value
- Hiring ‘A’ Players – track record of attracting, retaining and grooming ‘A’ player leaders – a leader of leaders rather than a leader of managers
- Leadership – track record of displaying leadership among peers and courage in addressing difficult decisions and managing change
- Partnership – track record of partnering with executive teams to make conscious decisions that generate growth and realize strategic business objectives
- Revenue growth – track record of aligning systems and processes to drive growth and business strategies
- Establish a strong software development discipline for ensuring successful, on time and high quality solutions; while providing technical leadership to inspire the team and bring new ideas, technologies and methodologies to the table.
- Maintain a highly qualified staff, sufficient to meet long-term organizational goals.
- Lead the development team to focus on broader organizational topics like best practices, professional & skill development.
- Prioritize project, setting achievable and motivating goals; while managing people capacity to meet demand.
- Analyze challenges, problems, and process breakdowns to ensure that lessons are learned and improvements are, well documented, communicated to leadership and implemented to minimize errors.
- Provide recommendations to President/CEO and Board to obtain funding for existing and future development projects through identifying monetary resources and developing action plans.
- Be an active member of the Executive Leadership Team, identifying new opportunities to grow and refine the business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 15+ year’s software development experience, with 4+ years in a senior management position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education/experience; Master’s degree is desirable.
- Broad software development background, with SaaS software market/industry experience.
- Proven growth experience within a complex software business, having worked in an environment with both on premise and SaaS.
- Proven ability to lead agile software development teams in disbursed geographies.
- Experience building relationships and working with an offshore development center (ODC).
- Experience implementing new processes and optimizing systems.
- Strong customer orientation and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate a passion for execution and continuous improvement.
- Open and honest communication both internally and externally.
- Team-first attitude, easy to work with, willing to share and learn.
- Must be strong in training, coaching and personnel development.
Resumes can be forwarded to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com.