Lee Shipman & Providence Technology Solutions are looking for HCM Implementation Project Managers to join our internal team to work on long-term HCM implementation projects.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management of customer specific engagements to implement Ceridian HCM solutions. Leveraging Ceridian’s implementation methodology the Project Manager drives the delivery of services according to the agreed upon scope, timeline and budget and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction. The Project Manager manages multiple concurrent projects, working closely with consultants in a matrix environment and interacting with Education, Product Management, Support and R&D to ensure delivery. The Project Manager builds a constructive working relationship with the customer and is accountable for deliverables, timeline, and budget, as well as coaching the project team to success.
• Manage multiple, concurrent projects ensuring quality, on-time and on-budget implementations
• Plan, manage and communicate the progress of the project, achieving project milestones and maintaining momentum of the project
• Utilize a mix of global resources within a matrix environment to ensure maximum productivity
• Utilize vendor methodology to drive implementations to successful completion, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
• Set and manage customer expectations in regard to: project scope and timeline, vendor and customer responsibilities, stakeholder roles and responsibilities, project governance (communication, change control, escalation), risk management and organizational readiness
• Present and manage sign-off of key milestones and deliverables, such as project kick-off, Discovery workbook, Discovery Recap document, project plan, status report, steering committee report, change requests, Sandbox review, user acceptance testing, Support transition, project closure
• Effectively transition customers to Support
• Participate in project health checks and post go-live analysis on completed projects with PMO
• Adhere to and promote highest quality standards in project delivery and contribute to PMO
• Motivate team to document solutions and leverage and contribute to a solutions repository
• Assist customer in driving the UAT process
• Complete new release training on a timely basis; be familiar with new and/or enhanced functionality in each product release
• Mentor consultants on best practice consulting re: facilitating workshops, soliciting and documenting requirements
• Prepare Change Requests as required to capture change in scope and/or timeline
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; PMI/PMP certification preferred
• 2 – 5 years of experience in human capital management applications consulting and/or project management; Knowledge of common human capital management (HCM) business practices
• Experience developing and managing project schedules, preferably using Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio
• Solid experience in business process mapping
• Experience in change management an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and mastery of Microsoft Project and Visio
• Experience implementing software in a SaaS / Cloud computing environment an asset
• Understanding of relational databases and SQL an asset
• Experience with one or more of the following applications: SalesForce.com, SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Kronos, Workbrain/Infor, RedPrairie/JDA, Ultimate, Oracle HR/Payroll, PeopleSoft, Ceridian HCM (preferred)
• Understanding of different industries and how Ceridian implementation best practices apply to the customer’s business practices
• Working knowledge of common software implementation methodologies
• Excellent customer relationship and business acumen
• Ability to manage multiple projects & customers at the same time and manage competing priorities
• Excellent organization, communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to drive results through a multi-disciplinary team with matrixed reporting relationships
• Ability to lead and facilitate customer and internal workshops and sessions
• Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites as needed; must have passport for travel to Canada.
Resumes can be forwarded to Lee.Shipman@ProvidenceTechnologySolutions.com.
I’m very interested in the PM role.