The SVP of IT Operations and Infrastructure will lead the Network, Telcom, Application Delivery, and Data Center teams. These teams are in turn led by VP-level IT management. Initially, this individual will be responsible for leading the IT Operations for a highly transformational enterprise Program to consolidate several functioning production systems into a core suite of applications built on a common, integrated framework to unify the services offerings in our market. Throughout the Program, the SVP will have direct visibility, insight, and share talent selection authority with the CIO over the IT Operations teams within the core IT function. The SVP will be responsible for the implementation of the business’s new core systems and the retirement and decommission of all legacy systems.
The successful candidate will be selected based on their ability to meet the objectives of the current role, and will also be considered a principle internal candidate as successor to the CIO role. Therefore, the incumbent must possess, at a minimum:
- Executive presence at the corporate leadership level and experience with Board level interaction
- Broad managerial experience in multi-billion dollar, multi-divisional organizations
- Resiliency, agility, persistence, and courageous leadership to drive clarity out of ambiguity
- IT operations, strategic planning, and vision as core competencies in leading enterprise IT functions
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification, analysis and execution of partnerships and alliances within the organization to ensure business requirement alignment and process unification
- Planning, staffing, and executing IT Ops programs to achieve organizational objectives
- Identification of business implications associated with regulatory environment
- Participating in all IT department leadership functions
- Monitoring application development of the Legacy systems during the program construction phase and transitioning to lead those functions during the client transition phase
- Mentoring, coaching, and counseling key IT resources into increasing levels of competency and contribution
- Negotiating terms, conditions, and rates with 3rd party suppliers, vendors and partners
- Some Travel Required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, or engineering is required. A Master’s Degree in business or management disciplines is highly desired.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Candidate will have served as the head of IT Operations or the head of IT (CIO, CTO) in one or more businesses in a High Performance (CMM Level 3) IT function
- Experience leading large, diverse, “build” IT functions
- Excellent organizational and management skills
- Communication of complex topics in simple, clear, and concise language
- Ability to interact vertically and horizontally across the organization
- Development and management of strong peer relationships across the organization
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and interpersonal skills
- Budgeting, planning, forecasting large capital investments and expense
- Perform a lead role in IT Governance and the selection of high-value IT investments
- The ideal candidate will have other complimentary skill sets including: information security, infrastructure, database design, voice and data networks, IT Operations, Service Desk, PMO administration, and data center management in their background and experience
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment and be able to work independently and as a member of an executive team
- Possess a drive to both set and constantly deliver High Performance goals
- Vendor management and negotiations skills are essential, including both on and offshore 3rd party resource providers
- The successful candidate must possess working knowledge of Microsoft environments, Oracle database technologies, data warehouse, BI and experience deploying, managing, and enhancing enterprise business applications and systems.
Please send resumes to Lee.Shipman@ThePTSTeam.com.
Leave a Reply