Providence Technology is seeking a Database Developer who is skilled in SAS programming and data science. This position is a contract to hire opportunity working in a newly created Data Analytics department with a premier client. You will be a part of a team chartered to merge and mine large amounts of sales and business operations data to develop algorithms and production grade analytical solutions that drive critical business decisions.
- Develop an analytical solution based on a working prototype. Expectation is that this solution be developed in SAS (Note: First 6 months will be almost 100% devoted to this and the analytics task).
- Analytics (Regression, Clustering, Linear Programming).
- An understanding of different data sources, their proper uses, and their limitations.
- Cross-functional, internal and external consulting.
- Ability to document statistical procedures and processes.
- Stand up a production environment with this first solution in a way that can establish a strategic build up similar solutions with proper reapplication in the future.
- 4 – 7 years of experience with programming languages like SAS, R and Python to write complex code and implement into a production environment, including development of macros. SAS experience required for the first analytical solution that is expected to be built. Must be able to develop independently and guide others within the development team.
- Experience generating linear and/or logistic regression models. Must be able to generate complex analytic models on a large scale with no guidance. Must be able to guide others in the same.
- Experience with Linear Programming and/or other optimization techniques. Must be able to generate complex optimization models on a large scale with no guidance. Must be able to guide others in the same.
- Experience with clustering techniques. Must be familiar with various clustering techniques and able to implement them with limited guidance.
- Experience with analytics using structured and unstructured data sources preferred.
- Experience with enabling machine learning capabilities preferred.
- Experience in the the Sales or Retail industries preferred
- An understanding of different data sources, their proper uses, and their limitations. Must be able to identify data that is unclean and/or misapplied and must be able to recommend the proper methodology to fix any issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that allows story telling. Must be able to clearly speak English and must be able to communicate very technical procedures to a non-technical audience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information residing in large datasets.
- Ability to consult across various business functions to explain analytic functions and how they can be used to drive a business.
- Intellectual curiosity is absolutely critical.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Advanced Degree – Master’s or Doctoral in Data Science preferred
Leave a Reply