Providence Technology Solutions has a client that is looking for application developers who value and produce clean, well-thought, and standards-compliant code. The developers work on Magento and Demandware, two of the most widely used eCommerce platforms in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Creatively solve complex problems.
- Application development on the Magento and/or Demandware Platform.
- Contribute to client’s code base using an open source model in Github.
- Develop custom extensions to be released as third party add-ons.
- Contribute to internal initiatives such as improving our Docker workflows and development processes
- Work closely with your manager to develop your IDP – Individual Development Plan to ensure your continued growth and development.
- Be part of a successful, collaborative and supportive team.
THINGS YOU KNOW/HAVE DONE:
- Coded a few web applications and are familiar with current and future web technologies.
- Ability to use a computer without a gui. We recommend developing on Linux or OSX and using the shell.
- Familiarity with Git and Github, specifically in a team or open source environment.
- Advanced understanding of relevant database languages.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with teammates and clients.
- Development experience on open source frameworks (eg. Symfony, Django, Zend Framework,etc) ….. installing wordpress plugins does not count.
- Strong desire to constantly learn and share. Please do not apply if you are satisfied with your current knowledge set and not willing to expand upon it. We only hire the best.
- MUST be local to Charleston, SC area or be willing to relocate.
THINGS THAT WILL IMPRESS US:
- Strong Linux Administrative familiarity with fundamental experience in common web daemons and Docker containers.
- Expertise in profiling and tracing code.
- Open Source Contributions (please do share your github account).
- eCommerce development experience (in particular Magento or Demandware).
- Written articles, tips, or tricks for the web development community.
Please contact Lee Shipman at (904) 512-6448 at Providence Technology Solutions for more details.